Mama's House

My photo
Akron, Ohio, United States
Mama needs a little outlet. I like to write. I decided a second blog was perfect for those days when I've got a lot on my mind.

Sunday, February 20, 2011

Sweet and sour chicken doesn't have to be fried

I know there are a lot of carbs here with the sugar, but I figure I'm saving a few with not breading the chicken. Plus I'm not frying it so it's saving on fat too. Every little bit helps.

SWEET AND SOUR CHICKEN

2 T. whole wheat flour
¼ c. packed brown sugar
¼ c. apple cider vinegar
2 T. light soy sauce
1 can pineapple chunks in natural juice drained
1 medium green pepper cut into thin strips
4 boneless chicken breasts cut into bite size pieces


Place flour, sugar, vinegar and soy sauce in a casserole dish. Stir with fork to blend. Add pineapple and green pepper. Next add chicken. Cover pan tightly with foil or lid. Bake at 350 degrees until chicken is tender. (About 30 – 35 minutes) Serve over hot cooked brown rice.

No comments:

Post a Comment