Mama's House

My photo
Akron, Ohio, United States
Mama needs a little outlet. I like to write. I decided a second blog was perfect for those days when I've got a lot on my mind.

Friday, February 18, 2011

never take a wasted step

NEVER TAKE A WASTED STEP

My mom taught me that by word and by example. And she learned it from her own mother.

Every time I move from one place to another I try and keep in mind that I should look for things that are to be "going my way." I get up from my chair. There are two scarves that need to be taken down and put with my other scarves for sale. I pick them up and lay them on my left arm. There's an empty glass needing to go to the kitchen sink. Just the direction I'm headed. It's in my right hand. On the way, I see a toy on the floor that's been dropped out of the playpen. I balance the glass with my left fingertips so I can bend down, grab the toy, and put it where it belongs. The glass gets put in the sink next and I see an empty jar needing to go downstairs to the shelf. I grab it and down I go. I can hold it in my arm with the scarves so the other hand can grab the dirty towel that was tossed down the stairs. I carry it on down and after putting the scarves in their place and the jar in it's place, I drop the towel in the laundry room. I'm right beside the bathroom and mom always said never to pass up an opportunity to pee, so I handle that before heading back upstairs. On the way up, I grab some veggies from the freezer for supper. When I get up to the kitchen, I unload the dishwasher and get out the other meal preps. I'm poo'd out so I go happily on into the livingroom to sit a few before cycling down this road again. When I do, I'll be doing some cooking and cleaning. Make every step count. We are alloted just so many in a lifetime and each one should have some meaning.

~~Mama Sage

No comments:

Post a Comment