Mama's House

My photo
Akron, Ohio, United States
Mama needs a little outlet. I like to write. I decided a second blog was perfect for those days when I've got a lot on my mind.

Wednesday, February 23, 2011

It brings me back to my childhood...

When I was a kid, I think this was my favorite cake after chocolate. A layer of this and a layer of chocolate? THAT, my friends, would be heavenly!

PEANUT BUTTER CAKE
½ c. creamy peanut butter
¼ c. margarine, softened
¾ c. sugar
Cream these together well.
Add:
2 eggs
Mix well.
Mix the following dry ingredients in a separate bowl:
1 ½ c. flour
2 t. baking powder
¼ t. salt
Add this mixture to the first mixture alternating the milk below.
¾ c. milk
Pour into greased 9 inch square pan. Bake at 350 degrees for 30 - 35 minutes.
Frosting:
1/3 c. chunky peanut butter
1/3 c. margarine, softened.
Blend well.
Add:
3 c. powdered sugar
¼ c. milk
1 ½ t. vanilla
Mix well.

No comments:

Post a Comment