Mama's House

My photo
Akron, Ohio, United States
Mama needs a little outlet. I like to write. I decided a second blog was perfect for those days when I've got a lot on my mind.

Saturday, February 19, 2011

Mom's Best Cake

I love fruity. My mom had some awesome fruity cakes that could be made healthier by ingredient choices. She was a real stickler for watching her fat intake after she found out she had chronic cholesterol problems. This is one of my favorite cake recipes.

PINEAPPLE CAKE
2 c. flour
1 can (20 oz.) crushed pineapple with juice
Nuts to your liking
2 t. baking soda
2 eggs
1 t. vanilla
Beat well. Pour into greased 13 x 9 pan. Bake at 350 degrees for 40 - 45 minutes.

She liked that you didn't use any crisco or oil with this. She used the "good" nuts and she would sometimes use three egg whites or use egg substiture instead of two whole eggs.

No comments:

Post a Comment